About Research Mentorship Programme
The ESA Research Committee (RC) has decided to develop a mentorship programme to promote professional development of young researcher and established investigators. The one-to-one mentoring model enables the development of a personal relationship and provides individual support for the mentee.
ESA Research Mentorship Programme aims are:
- To preserve and transfer accumulated professional knowledge within the anaesthesia community
- To support individual academic anaesthetists in achieving their potential as researchers.
- To contribute to the ESA mission to connect anaesthesiologists in the field of research in Anaesthesia, Perioperative Medicine, Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine and Pain with senior experts (mentors) as a platform for professional exchange and mutual learning.
The following requirements apply for both Mentors and Mentees. The Mentorship Programme Leader has the final decision regarding eligibility:
- Mentors must be affiliate, active or retired ESA member.
- Mentees must be current trainee/medical students or active members of the ESA and working in a European Institution at the moment of application.
- Country of Institution should be a European country as defined by the World Health Organisation.
- Mentees only take part in one mentorship programme at a time.
- Mentors may be allowed to mentor a maximum of the two mentees within this programme.
- Duration of mentorship is two years
- Signing of the Mentorship Agreement (EDU_09_F5 Mentorship Agreement) after the first meeting.
- As many universities/healthcare systems will have already a mentorship programmes in place: it is important to ensure that two programmes do not “conflict”. One example would be if an ESA member is acting as mentor on the ESA programme but has declined to participate in his employer’s or national programme. The Mentorship Programme Leader will be in charge of avoiding this kind of problems.
- Available to attend the Mentorship Programme Kick Off meeting at ESA Euroanaesthesia
- The Mentee must also provide a letter from their Head of Department to declare if he/she has the support from his/her “home department” to take part in the Programme.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com