Prof. Donal J Buggy (Mater University Hospital, University College Dublin, Ireland)
- Call for centres: Ongoing
- Recruitment of patients: foreseen for 2021
The main is to conduct the first major observational European epidemiological study on the perioperative management of diabetic patients undergoing surgery and their 30-day postoperative patient-centred outcome.
Join the Study
MOPED is a prospective, international, multicentre, observational cohort study. This study will include as many participating institutions as possible across the world. It is planned to recruit at least 5,000 patients.
Would your hospital like to join this study as an actively contributing research centre? The ‘Call for Centres form’ must be filled in online. The completion of this form will facilitate coordination and is mandatory for participation in ESA CTN. ESA Secretariat will then contact you providing you with additional information. Please visit the call for centres page.
Like more detail?
Visit the link to the Protocol and Appendices here
- Prof. Donal J Buggy, Principal Investigator – Anaesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine, Mater University Hospital, School of Medicine, University College Dublin, Ireland. Editorial Board, British Journal of Anaesthesia. Chairman, ESA Onco-Anaesthesiology Research Group. Chairman, EU COST Action 15204 Euro-Periscope.
- Dr Jeroen Hermanides, Steering committee member – MD, PhD, Consultant Anaesthetist & Principal Investigator, Amsterdam Universitair Medische Centra, The Netherlands
- Prof. Markus W. Hollmann, Steering committee member – DEAA, Amsterdam UMC, University of Amsterdam, Department of Anesthesiology, The Netherlands
- Prof. Alexander Zarbock, Steering Committee Member – Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine, University Hospital of Münster, Germany
- Prof. Mark Coburn, ESA Research Committee Representative – Department of Anaesthesia University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Dr Malachy Columb; Statistical Advisor – Consultant in Anaesthesia & Intensive Medicine. Manchester University Hospitals Foundation Trust, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester. Research Methods and Statistics Editor at the European Journal of Anaesthesiology.
National Coordinating Investigators
The ESA Secretariat and Steering Committee is looking for National Coordinating Investigators to support the conduction of the MOPED study, if you are interested, please contact us at MOPED@esahq.org.
The Study is entirely sponsored by a grant from the European Society of Anaesthesiology Clinical Trial Network (ESA CTN). The ESA CTN provides an infrastructure for clinical research in the fields of Anaesthesia, Pain, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine by transnational European collaborative studies.