Link to publication
Year of Selection & Year of Publication: 2011 & 2019
Paragraph on background/aims and objectives:
The OBTAIN study will examine the risks and benefits of continuing antiplatelet treatment in patients presenting for noncardiac surgery who have one or more coronary artery stents in situ. The risks of perioperative major adverse cardiac events (MACE) in patients who discontinue antiplatelet drugs will be compared with the risk of intraoperative and postoperative bleeding in patients who continue these drugs.
List of Chief investigator and Steering Committee members
- Simon Howell (CI), University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Sanne Hoeks, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Stephen Wheatcroft, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Robert West, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Andreas Hoeft, Bonn University, Germany
The study is sponsored by a grant of the European Society of Anaesthesiology Clinical Trial Network (ESA CTN).
Contact email for more info => firstname.lastname@example.org