Prof. Max Bell (Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer, Department of Perioperative Medicine and Surgical services, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden; Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet)
- Call for centre: Ongoing
- Recruitment of patients: Foreseen for 2021
The main objective of this international, observational study is to determine if anaesthesia technique (epidural vs no epidural or inhalational vs total intravenous) or surgical technique (laparoscopic vs open surgery) has any benefits for patients in term of the earlier start of adjuvant chemotherapy and improved short- or long-term outcomes in patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer (stage I-III).
Join the Study
This study will include as many participating institutions as possible across the world. It is planned to recruit at least 10,000 patients.
Would your hospital like to join this study as an actively contributing research centre? The ‘Call for Centres form’ must be filled in online. The completion of this form will facilitate coordination and is mandatory for participation in ESA CTN. ESA Secretariat will then contact you, providing you with additional information. Please visit the call for centres page.
- Max Bell, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer, Department of Perioperative Medicine and Surgical services, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden; Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet (CI)
- Anil Gupta, Associate Professor, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
- Christian Buchli, MD, PhD, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden; K1 Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery
- Daniel Brattström, MD, PhD, Senior Consultant, Stockholm County Council, Oncologist
- Mats Enlund, Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesia, Västerås Hospital, affiliated with Uppsala University Hospital
- Shaman Jhanji, MD, anaesthetist and intensivist at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London, UK
- Bernhard Riedel, Professor, Director of Anaesthesia at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Antje Gottschalk, MD, PhD, Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Medicine, University Hospital Münster, Münster, Germany
- Donal Buggy, Professor of Anaesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine, Mater University Hospital, School of Medicine, University College Dublin, Ireland; Consultant in Anaesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine, Mater University Hospital & Mater Private Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Helene Beloeil, Professor of Professor of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine and Perioperative Medicine, Rennes University Hospital and School of Medicine, CHU de Rennes, France
- Fredrik Granath, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer, Biostatistician, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden; K2 Department of Medicine, Solna
- Hans de Boer, Anesthesiologist and Pain Specialist, Department of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine and Procedural Sedation and Analgesia, Martini General Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands (As a representative member of the ESA Research Committee)
National Coordinating Investigators
The ESA Secretariat and Steering Committee is looking for National Coordinating Investigators to support the conduction of The-ENCORE Study, if you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The study is entirely sponsored by a grant from the European Society of Anaesthesiology Clinical Trial Network (ESA CTN). The ESA CTN provides an infrastructure for clinical research in the fields of Anaesthesia, Pain, Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine by transnational European collaborative studies.