This webinar will be hosted on February 18 2020 18:00 – 19:00 CET.
Please make sure you complete the Pre-test, in order to be able to obtain your CME certificate. The Pre-test will be available 1 week before the webinar.
Only those participants who attended the live webinar, between 18:00 and 19:00 CEST, and completed the pre-test will be able to proceed to the assessment step to earn the certificate.
If you are unable to attend the live webinar, please get your certificate from the webcast program, that will be available on the ELEARNING section of the ESA Academy, after the webinar takes place.
In order to register for this webinar, please:
- Log in to MyESA Account
- Click on the Register for the Webinar on the button on the left.
In order to attend, please:
- Complete the Pre-Test questions by clicking the button on the left.
- Click on the Play Webinar on the button on the left.
- Click on Start now on the new window and follow the instructions given.
Webinar Activity Chair:
Prof. Teodora-Orhidee Nicolescu
President of the European Society of Computing and Technology in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care
Oklahoma City, USA
Scientific Faculty Leader and Host:
Prof. Benedikt Preckel
Amsterdam University Medical Centers, location Academic Medical Centre AMC,
University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dr. Jannicke Mellin-Olsen
President World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists,
Board member, Patient Safety Movement Foundation
Dr. David Whitaker
Chair of the European Board of Anaesthesiology Patient Safety Committee
Manchester, United Kingdom
Dr. Maria Lema
Anesthesia and Reanimation Department.
Hospital Universitario Gregorio Marañon
This webinar is targeted at Anaesthesiologists, residents, anesthesia nurses, intensive care nurses, ward nurses and ward doctors
After Taking Part
This webinar will enable participants to:
- Identify principles of medication safety
- Describe pathways to insure medication safety
- Apply scientific advances to everyday practice
- WHO 3rd Global Patient Safety Challenge
- Be aware of the European Board of Anaesthesiology recommendations for safe medication practice
- Medication errors are one of the most occurring mistakes in hospital care
- Medication safety is part of the culture of safety
- Technological advances –key to decrease errors
- Describe types of errors and prevention strategies
This webinar is available on PC, Tablet and Smartphone. For the best viewing experience, a high-speed internet connection is required
ESA eLearning committee