The ESA Patient Safety and Quality Committee (PSQC) is seeking to recruit 2 new members. The appointment will commence on 1 January 2019.
Each Committee member plays an important role in the activities of the ESA and the PSQC. The main duties are:
- To provide suggestions for further development of the PSQC;
- To provide suggestions for topics for the Patient Safety and Quality programme for the Euroanaesthesia Congress;
- Actively participate in projects of the PSQC.
The appointed members will be required to attend meetings of the PSQC. Travel expenses and accommodation required to attend these meetings are provided according to the standard ESA reimbursement policy.
Applications are encouraged from all ESA members who meet the following criteria:
- Is a qualified anaesthesiologist
- Is an expert in the areas of the Patient Safety and Quality
- Must be an Active ESA member at the time of application
- Has participated in ESA activities
- Has spoken or been invited to speak on Patient Safety related topics
- Has been involved in Patient Safety and Quality Projects
- Is fluent in English.
Term of office
The term of office of elected members is three years, which can be extended subject to approval for up to two further years. No member can serve for more than five years.
If you wish to apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- PSQC member application form which should include a list of any publications (you can download this here)
- Your Curriculum Vitae, which should detail how you meet the criteria
- Short outline (maximum one page of A4) of your goals and perspective that you could contribute as a member of the PSQC
Applications must be received no later than 31 October 2019. Appointment will be made by the ESA Board following recommendation by the Nominations Committee.
For more information about the Patient Safety and Quality Committee please visit the ESA website.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this post, please contact:
Dr Daniel Arnal
ESA Patient Safety & Quality Committee