- Registrations for all EDAIC Part II 2020 examinations are now closed. We were not able to accommodate all candidates who applied this year. The ESA will continue to look into possibilities to increase the number of candidates we can accommodate in future years.
- Please note that:
- The English language will only be offered after the first two weeks of registration in Madrid, Hamburg, Uppsala, Zurich, Barcelona, Valencia, Vienna & Erlangen
- Istanbul (4-5 April) is only open to candidates from Turkey for the first two weeks of registration
- Istanbul (14-15 November) will open without geographical or language restrictions; any candidate not registered yet for 2020 can register during the period 17-21 February 2020.
- São Paulo is only open to candidates from Brazil for the whole registration
- Warsaw is only open to candidates from Poland for the first two weeks of registration
- Maastricht is only open to candidates from The Netherlands & Belgium for the first two weeks of registration
- Porto is only open to candidates from Portugal for the first two weeks of registration in English and Portuguese. Please note that due to organisational constraints, there will be a limited number of seats in Portuguese.
- Athens is only open to candidates from Greece for the first two weeks of registration
- Bucharest is only open to candidates from Romania for the first two weeks of registration
- Change of centre: if you must change your centre before the registration deadline (12 February), your registration will have to be cancelled and the €50 administration fee will apply (see cancellation policy below); you will then have to register online again before the registration deadline and the ESA cannot guarantee the availability of seats in other centres. No change of centre is allowed after the registration deadline (12 February 2020). It will not be allowed to cancel any registration during the period 13-21 February 2020 to try and change the examination date to the 16th centre (Istanbul 14-15 November 2020), as this centre will only be open to those unfortunate candidates who could not secure a seat in one of the 15 other centres.
- Change of language: if you must change your language of examination before the registration deadline, your registration will have to be cancelled and the €50 administration fee will apply (see cancellation policy below); you will then have to register online again before the registration deadline and the ESA cannot guarantee the availability of seats in other centres. No change of the language of examination is allowed after the registration deadline.
- In order to avoid fully booked centres, please make sure to register early, in particular, if your examination language is not English. Each examination centre can only accommodate a certain number of candidates. Centres which are fully booked cannot be overbooked.
- Different payment options are available including payment by debit or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bancontact). Admission documents and visa letters are e-mailed to candidates only if payment has been received and registration successful. If you choose to pay by debit or credit card, please make sure that you have full valid card details at hand before clicking the registration link as registrations with rejected payment will not be processed. Whichever payment method is used, candidates will receive a confirmation of payment by e-mail if their payment has been successful.
- Please make sure that you have prepared the copy of your diploma of specialist in anaesthesiology for upload in one of the following file formats before clicking the registration link: pdf, doc(x), odt, bmp, jpg, jpeg or png. The copy of your specialist diploma must be written in its original language. In case your diploma is not written in one of the languages used in the EDAIC Part I or EDAIC Part II examinations, you also need to upload a certified English translation of your diploma. Please also ensure that your file is not larger than 2 MB (=2000 KB). In case you are in the last year of your anaesthetic training in a European country, you will need to upload the completed ESA Trainee Letter to prove that your last year of training starts before or on 12 February 2020; a copy of your specialist diploma will have to be sent to the Examinations Office before we can grant your EDAIC. Applications without the required documents will automatically be cancelled by ESA.
- Please make sure that you have prepared a photograph of yourself in one of the following file formats: bmp, jpeg, jpg or png. Please also ensure that your picture meets the following requirements.
- clear, sharp and in focus
- must be a close-up of your full head and upper shoulders
- recent, taken in the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- unaltered by computer software and stamp-free
Please also ensure that the quality of your picture is good and the size of your picture file is not larger than 2 MB (=2000 KB).
- Registration deadline: the online registration webpage will close automatically on the registration deadline. No registration will be possible after that.
- In the unlikely event, you have not received a confirmation of your EDAIC Part II registration two weeks after the closure of the online registration, we recommend that you send an e-mail to the examination team for verification: email@example.com
- Cancellation – Refund – Postponement
Registration for EDAIC Part II can be cancelled with registration fee refunded, net of a €50 administration fee if the cancellation request is submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the registration deadline (12 February 2020 for all EDAIC Part II examinations taking place from March 2020 till 8 November 2020; 21 February 2020 for the examination taking place on 14-15 November). Refund requests submitted after the registration deadline can only be granted under exceptional circumstances; the official documents justifying the refund request must be sent to email@example.com no later than one month after the examination. The refund of the registration fee after the deadline is at the discretion of the ESA. A full refund will be granted upon the decease of the registered candidate before the examination. All indirect costs incurred by the registration for EDAIC Part II such as transportation and accommodation are not covered by the ESA. If you cannot attend your examination for any reason, we would appreciate if you could inform the ESA office as early as possible so that we can take all appropriate actions for the smooth running of the examination. The Examination can be cancelled by the ESA in case of Force Majeure if the ESA deems the cancellation necessary. In the unlikely case of cancellation by the ESA, the ESA will propose refunds.
- Visas: each candidate taking the examination abroad is responsible for having a valid passport. This is why applications for a visa should be handled at the same time as the registration for the examination. Refund requests for refused visas will not be accepted by ESA.
- Hypnos Grant applicants must register using the EDAIC Part II online registration system. Hypnos Grant deadline is the same as the EDAIC Part II registration deadline. All details are available here. Hypnos Grant applicants can register for the 16th centre (Istanbul, 14-15 November 2020) if they could not secure a seat in one of the 15 other centres.
- Please add the following e-mail address to your list of accepted contacts, as all information about your examination (including your results) will be sent to you by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates wishing to apply for the EDAIC Part I examination must read the following before registering in order to ensure a smooth registration and avoid inconveniences.