ASA Simulation training is now available anywhere, anytime for ESA anaesthesiologists at a reduced price. Until recently, high fidelity, scenario-based simulation training for anaesthesiologists was only available in-person at select simulation centres. Now, you can receive up to 25 CME credits anytime from anywhere with Anesthesia SimSTAT―a powerful virtual simulation used to help physicians learn about anaesthesia, patient monitoring and managing anaesthesia-related emergencies. The simulation features high-fidelity scenarios that will challenge you and enhance your competency in solving anaesthesia situations.
Gain access to:
- Virtual patients with unique and realistic diseases
- Interactive equipment with live physiological data based on the most common anaesthesiology equipment
- Comprehensive performance tracking that provides useful feedback on strengths and areas for improvement
You must begin the registration process via the ESA Academy in order to receive your exclusive discount code. Once you have logged in you will be re-directed to the ASA Education Center to complete your purchase. Please note, you must have a myESA profile and you will need to register with the ASA Learning Center. If you do not have a myESA or ASA profile, they are fast and free to set-up.
The ASA, ESA, and CAE Healthcare bring simulation to you with Anesthesia SimSTAT! For the first time, practicing physicians will experience engaging, high-fidelity scenarios in a virtual environment. These scenarios enhance competency in solving anaesthesia emergencies while earning CME credits. Each module is worth 5 CME credits.
Anesthesia SimSTAT offers five screen-based scenarios that are based on real patient encounters. The modules feature 3D graphics and interactive methods. The system utilizes a game-based approach that allows the user to practice and perfect his or her skill in varied settings.
TO VIEW ALL THE MODULES ON THE ESA ACADEMY, CLICK HERE
In addition to realistic 3D graphics, Anesthesia SimSTAT also offers realistic audio for lung and heart sounds, electronic medical records that update as the anaesthesiologist performs work and fully operational ventilator controls. The user can access any device or object as seamlessly as if he or she was in the room with it by clicking directly on an object. Everything from the IV pumps to the table can be adjusted to aid the user in their goals.
Anesthesia SimSTAT includes:
- Interactive medical equipment: The simulation strives to be as realistic as possible, a goal that is achieved by ensuring that each module is full of interactive anaesthesia-related equipment and monitors with waveform tracings and physiologic data.
- Varied environments and five emergency scenarios: Because the goal of simulation is to prepare future physician anaesthesiologists for crisis situations, and to help current practitioners remain sharp, one of SimSTAT’s core features is its emergency learning module, which is based on real scenarios.
- Dynamic patient physiology: Physiologic data on the vitals monitor and ventilator monitor dynamically reflect the patient’s condition and respond realistically to medications, gasses, and interventions.
- Performance feedback: The system tracks and records user actions, assesses his or her strengths and weaknesses and identifies areas of improvement.
- Objective assessment: The feedback system was developed by clinical educators and offers a universal virtual learning experience.
- Assimilated tutorial and pause feature: During the orientation tutorial, the user will be walked through a brief tutorial designed to familiarize him or her to the environment and controls. While working through the case, users can pause the scenario to reference cognitive aids, take a break, or answer a page.