The Guidelines Committee has established several task forces to elaborate guidelines on the related subject. The guideline topics were approved by the Guidelines Committee and the ESA Board after a consultation process within the subcommittees of the ESA Scientific Committee.
The task forces are made up of anaesthesiologists nominated by the subcommittee chairs to include expertise from the necessary scientific fields. These individuals are complemented by others with particular interest and enthusiasm both as task force members and part of a wider advisory group.
After literature searches and appraisal of papers, the task force experts will be able to produce scientifically robust recommendations for clinical practice.
Benefits of ESA Guidelines Committee activities
To make available a European guideline to be used by individual ESA members and adopted, with any desired modifications, by national societies of anaesthesiology for their own national use, if they so wish.
Harmonisation of clinical management of anaesthesiology, perioperative medicine and related clinical areas throughout Europe.
Improvement of standards of care throughout Europe.
- Syllabus to the Postgraduate Training Program
- Education and training in anaesthesia - revised guidelines by the European Board of Anaesthesiology, Reanimation and Intensive Care
Carlsson C, Keld D, van Gessel E, Fee JP, van Aken H, Simpson P.
Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2008 Jul;25(7):528-30. Epub 2008 Apr 16.
- Core curriculum in emergency medicine integrated in the specialty of anaesthesiology
E. De Robertis, J. McAdoo, R. Pagni and J. T. A. Knape
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Volume 24, Issue 12, December 2007, pp 987-990
doi: 10.1017/S0265021507002700, Published online by Cambridge University Press 25 Sep 2007
- Guidelines for anaesthesiologist specialist training in pain medicine
A. J. Cunningham, J. T. A. Knape, H. Adriaensen, W. P. Blunnie, E. Buchser, Z. Goldik, W. Ilias and V. Paver-Erzen
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Volume 24, Issue 07, July 2007, pp 568-570
doi: 10.1017/S0265021507000336, Published online by Cambridge University Press 13 Jun 2007
- Guidelines for safety and quality in anaesthesia practice in the European Union
J. Mellin-Olsen, E. O’Sullivan, D. Balogh, L. Drobnik, J. T. A. Knape, F. Petrini and L. Vimlati
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Volume 24, Issue 06, June 2007, pp 479-482
doi: 10.1017/S0265021507000324, Published online by Cambridge University Press 16 May 2007
- Guidelines for sedation and/or analgesia by non-anaesthesiology doctors
J. T. A. Knape, H. Adriaensen, H. van Aken, W. P. Blunnie, C. Carlsson, M. Dupont and T. Pasch
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Volume 24, Issue 07, July 2007, pp 563-567
doi: 10.1017/S0265021507000452, Published online by Cambridge University Press 13 Jun 2007
- Charter on continuing medical education/continuing professional development approved by the UEMS Specialist Section and European Board of Anaesthesiology
S. Alahuhta, J. Mellin-Olsen, W. P. Blunnie and J. T. A. Knape
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Volume 24, Issue 06, June 2007, pp 483-485
doi: 10.1017/S0265021507000130, Published online by Cambridge University Press 17 Apr 2007
- Training guidelines in anaesthesia of the European Board of Anaesthesiology Reanimation and Intensive Care
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, 2001 Sep;18(9):563-71.
- Guidelines for pre-operative cardiac risk assessment and perioperative cardiac management in non-cardiac surgery
European Journal of Anaesthesiology:
February 2010 - Volume 27 - Issue 2 - p 92–137
- Editorial comment:
A major step forward: Guidelines for the management of cardiac patients for non-cardiac surgery - the art of anaesthesia
Münter Sellevold, Olav F; de Hert, Stefan; Pelosi, Paolo
European Journal of Anaesthesiology:
February 2010 - Volume 27 - Issue 2 - p 89–91
- Management of bleeding and coagulopathy following major trauma: an updated European guideline
- Regional anaesthesia and antithrombotic agents: recommendations of the European Society of Anaesthesiology
Gogarten, Wiebke; Vandermeulen, Erik; Van Aken, Hugo; Kozek, Sibylle; Llau, Juan V; Samama, Charles M
European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Volume 27, Issue 12, December 2010, p 999-1015