The National Anaesthesiologists Societies Committee (NASC) and the Education and Training Committee are calling for applications for the Young Teaching Recognition Award.
The purpose of this award is to acknowledge and encourage individuals with outstanding and innovative teaching skills who will have an impact on the dissemination of knowledge and training.
The winning presentations may be developed into an ESA e-learning module.
2 prizes will be awarded each year. Presentations should address the specific annual topic.
2017 – Obstetrics, Paediatrics, General Anaesthesiology
2018 – Cardiovascular and Thoracic, Geriatric, Respiration and Airways Management
2019 – Regional Anaesthesia, Neuroanaesthesiology, Ambulatory Anaesthesia
2. Intensive Care
2017 – Intensive Care
2018 – Perioperative and Pain Medicine
2019 – Emergency Medicine
The Selection Process
- Applicants should be a trainee or within the first year of specialisation. Associate Professors or equivalent are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be members of their National Society and of the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA)
- Applicants must be working in Europe.
- Applicants must submit the application form, their Curriculum Vitae and an outline of their lecture by email by 01 March 2017.
- Each application must be accompanied by a reference letter from the applicant's Head of Department and of the Chairperson or President of their National Society.
- All complete applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of the chairs the E-Learning Subcommittee, Education and Training Committee, NASC, Scientific Committee, Trainee Committee
- Each application will be scored on:
- Content: novelty of educational approach
- Presentation: novelty
- Educational sustainability: impact on future initial/continuous training
- Potential use for ESA e-learning module
The Award Judging Process
The Young Teaching Recognition Award Competition is held during Euroanaestheisa.
2 Award Finalists from each topic (Anaesthesia and Intensive Care) are invited to give a 10-minute lecture, followed by a 10 minute discussion with the panel of experts.
- A panel of 4 experts and peers attending the session vote for the Award Winners at the end of the session.
- Award Finalists receive free registration to Euroanaethesia 2017 and travel reimbursement according to the ESA reimbursement policy.
- Award Winners will be invited to give a full lecture at Euroanaesthesia 2018, within the appropriate learning track.
- Award Winners receive 2-year ESA membership.
Application deadline: 01 March 2017.
Winners will be announced on 20 March 2017.